Tata has launched a new variant of Safari at the Auto Expo 2012. The new variant is Known as “Tata Safari Storme”. It has all new exteriors like new headlights, front and rear bumpers with spacious/ roomy interiors and safety features like airbags, ABS, EBD and available with diesel engine only.
Tata Safari Storme Variants:
Tata Safari Storme is available in 4 variants:
- Tata Safari Storme LX (2WD)
- Tata Safari Storme EX (2WD)
- Tata Safari Storme VX (2WD)
- Tata Safari Storme VX (4WD)
Tata Safari Storme Interior And Exteriors:
The new Tata Safari Storme has black and beige interiors of good quality plastics and fabrics as compared to old Safari. It has good spacious interiors and includes advanced features like AC with climate control, foldable leather seats, music system having controls on the four spoke steering wheel, power windows and electrically movable rear view mirrors. Tata Safari Storme has all features of a SUV with great comfort and has a boot space of 981 litres.
Tata Safari Storme has same muscular and sporty looks like the previous Tata Safari. It has very minute changes in its looks. The spare wheel from the rear gate is now placed beneath the chasis. It has all new headlights, fog lamps, coloured bumpers, key less entry, turn indicators on the electrically movable rear view mirrors, rear wiper and five twin spoke alloy wheels having tyre size => 235/70 R16.
Tata Safari Storme Engine And Performance:
The new Tata Safari Storme is powered by a 2.2L, 2179 cc Dicor diesel engine that can produce 140 bhp power at 4000 rpm with 320 Nm torque at 1700 rpm and has a 5 speed manual transmission gearbox and features both 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive.
Tata Safari Storme has a top speed of 156 Km/h that can accelerate from 0-100 Km/h in 15 secs. It is very smooth with better handling as compared to the present variants and has a mileage of 10 Km/l (city) – 15 Km/l (highway).
Tata Safari Storme Specifications:
- 2179 cc, 2.2L Dicor diesel engine (4 cylindrik with 4 valves per cylinder).
- Gives output of 140 bhp @ 4000 rpm with torque of 320 Nm @ 1700 rpm.
- Top speed: 156 Km/h.
- Goes 0 – 62 mph (0-100 Km/h) in 15 secs.
- Mileage: 10 – 15 Km/l.
- Dimensions of 4650 x 1918 x 1925 mm with 2040 Kg weight.
- Boot Space: 981 ltrs.
- Turning Circle: 10.80 mtrs.
- Ground Clearance: 200.00 mm
- Fuel capacity: 65 ltrs.
- Seating capacity: 7.
- Front ventilated brakes and rear disk brakes with tubeless tyres.
- Suspension: Ind Double Wishbone with Coil Springs
- Tyre Size: 235/70 R16
- 5 speed manual transmission.
Tata Safari Storme Safety Features:
- 6 Airbags
- Parking Sensors
- Fog Lamp
- Central locking
- Traction control
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Electronic-Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- BA (Brake Assist technology)
- Anti-lock braking system
- Child Safety Locks
Tata Safari Storme Other Features:
- Alloy wheels
- Power windows
- Power steering
- Steering Adjustment
- Music system
- Control buttons on steering
- Rear wiper
- Sun roof
- Adjustable headlights
- Driver seat height adjustment
- AC with climate control
Tata Safari Storme Price:
- Tata Safari Storme LX (2WD) => 9,95,000/-
- Tata Safari Storme EX (2WD) => 10,80,000/-
- Tata Safari Storme VX (2WD) => 12,36,000/-
- Tata Safari Storme VX (4WD) => 13,65,000/-