Dumbell fly is one of the best chest exercise for gaining mass on chest muscles, gaining strength and is also used to stimulate pectoral muscles on the chest. Like Bench press, this exercise can also be performed in variations i.e on incline, decline or flat bench. When performed on an incline bench, it is known as Incline dumbell fly.
This exercise is very popular and performed widely all over the world.
How to perform Incline Dumbell Fly – Correct Form:
Follow the following steps below in order to perform Incline Dumbell Fly exercise correctly:
- Lay flat on an incline bench.
- Hold the dumbells in your hands and take them straight above your chest.
- Bend your elbows slightly.
- Lower the dumbells in outwards direction (forming an arc) until you reach the lower position or until you get a complete stretch in your chest (in a slow and controlled motion).
- Bring the dumbells back to the original position (straight above your chest) in the same manner.
- Squeeze your chest when you bring the dumbells back to the top position i.e at the end of each set.
- Repeat the same steps again.
Check out this video for proper form and techniques of this exercise.
Benefits of Incline Dumbell Fly:
Mostly Incline dumbell fly is performed in order to stimulate upper pectoral muscles or you can say it mainly effects on upper chest muscles. It has the following advantages:
- This exercise helps in gaining bulky wide chest
- Stimulates the pectoral muscles
- Helps in gaining strength
This exercise is for training chest muscles only and requires correct position. If not performed correctly then it may cause injuries.
Safety/Precautions While Performing Incline Dumbell Fly:
- Light Weight => Use light weight dumbells in the beginning and increase the weight slowly only after learning its proper or correct form.
- Be Slow => Always perform this exercise in a slow and controlled motion so as to avoid injuries.
- Bend Elbows => Bend your elbows slightly while performing this exercise otherwise you may have injuries.
- Maintain gap between dumbells => Do not touch the dumbells at the top position i.e there must be a little gap between the dumbells after squeezing your chest (while coming back to the original postion).
- Keep dumbells away from your chest => Do not bring the dumbells close to body while performing the exercise. Always be in same arc position.
- Use Spotters => Always have a spotter with you while performing this exercise so that the person must provide you dumbells and see whether you are performing the exercise correctly or not.
For other body building exercises and health tips ==>Click Here