Hugh Jackman, an Australian actor who is popular for his role as Wolverine in “X-MEN” series was born on October 12, 1968. He has an impressive, muscular body with well developed 6 pack abs which has gained him a good popularity all over the world.
He has a strong and athletic body with good looks which is appreciated & loved by everyone and is the reason which made him the “World’s Sexiest Man” in 2008. He is 6’1” tall and weighs around 90 Kgs.
Hugh Jackman Workout Routine:
Hugh Jackman’s workout consist of 2 phases, the first one is mass building and the second is strength training which are as follows:
- Gaining Muscle Phase: In this phase Hugh Jackman focused on changing the speed of each lift that is 3 seconds count up and one second count down or sometimes very slow lift of 4 seconds count up and 4 seconds count down.
- Gaining Strength Phase: The second phase is strength gaining in which he focused on lifting as much weight as possible.
These two phases lasted between 6 to 12 weeks which consist of 1 – 2 hours a day, five days a week. Sometimes (during his movie roles) except the above two phases, he also followed a third phase during which he lifts weight only once in a week and for the rest of the week he performs stretching, yoga, running and other cardio exercises. He started this phase in order to reduce fat from his body and give it a perfect shape for his roles. Workout Routine:Hugh Jackman workout consist of 5 days a week in which exercises are performed as follows:
Dumbell Bench Press: 3 sets x 12 reps.
Push-ups: 3 sets x 25 reps.
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets x 12 reps.
Lateral Raise: 3 sets x 12 reps.
Barbell Curls:3 sets x 12 reps.
Close Grip Bar Push-ups: 3 sets x 12 reps.
Squats: 3 sets x 12 reps.
Balance Board Lunges: 3 sets x 12 reps.
Leg Box Jumping: 3 sets x 30 reps.
Jack Knife: 3 sets x 20 reps.
Swiss Ball Crunches: 3 sets x 20 reps.
Lunges: 1 sets x 30 reps.
Push-ups: 1 set x 100 reps.
Swiss Ball Crunches: 1 set x 50 reps.
Sprint: 80% intensity for 1 minute (outside or on trademill).
Lat Pulldown: 1 set x 50 reps.
Stairs: 1 set x 20 reps.
After 3 Days Hugh Jackman repeats the same workout routine again and takes rest for 1 – 2 days in a week (weekend).
Hugh Jackman Diet Plan:
Hugh Jackman follows a strict diet plan of high protein and low carbs for maintaining his body in good shape. He follows the following points in his diet plan:
- He gets up at 4:00 AM and eat egg whites, then every three hours after that he consumes a combination of protein or steamed vegetables and brown rice.
- He consumes a lot of protein before and after the workout.
- No carbohydrades or rice after the mid day, only vegetables and meat or fish.
- He is advised to take meals after every two hours and consume 6000 calories everyday.