BMW Motorrad has launched its on-road-off-road motorbike i.e BMW F650GS on April 10, 2012 in India at a price of INR 9.99 lakhs. It has a fuel injection 800 cc parallel twin engine which gives power of 71 bhp and 75 Nm torque with a 6 speed gearbox. It has a 19 inches front wheel and 17 inches rear wheel with disk brakes at both the ends.
BMW F650GS also features ABS technology, provides great comfort and has all the qualities of an off-road bike which is expected to give good and reliable performance on Indian roads. BMW F650GS will be available through two dealers in India, Navnit Motors and Deutsche Motoren.
Specifications of BMW F650GS:
- 798 cc, 4-stroke liquid cooled engine (2 cylindrik with 4 valves per cylinder).
- Gives output of 71 bhp @ 7000 rpm with torque of 75 Nm @ 4500 rpm.
- Top speed: 185 Km/h.
- Goes 0 – 62 mph (0-100 Km/h) in 5.2 secs.
- Mileage: 20 Km/l.
- Dimensions of 2280 x 890 x 1240 mm with 200 Kg weight.
- Fuel capacity: 20 ltrs.
- Front and rear disk brakes with tubeless tyres.
- 6 speed manual transmission.
- Other features: Alloy wheels, Self start, digital meter, pass light, low fuel indicator, low oil indicator, low battery indicator.
Price of BMW F650GS is around Rs.9,99,000/-.