Altius Automotive Technologies, a new Indian company headed by “BVR Subbu” (Ex-CEO of Hyundai motors, India) in partnership with “Hayes Diversified Technologies” is going to launch its first bike in India in 2012 (expected) and this first bike of Altius Automotive Technologies is known as “Altius Scimitar”.
Altius Scimitar will be a 670 cc (single cylinder) on-off road, diesel engine bike. It is a liquid cooled engine with indirect injection (IDI) technology that will give a 33 bhp power with 54 Nm torque that will deliver a top speed of 152 Km/h and has a 5 speed gearbox. It will be the only Indian bike to run on a diesel engine and has everything to be the most interesting bike in India.
Some Specifications of Altius Scimitar:
- 670 cc, indirect injection- liquid cooled diesel engine (single cylindrik).
- Gives output of 33 bhp @ 5700 rpm with torque of 54 Nm @ 3300 rpm.
- Top speed: 152 Km/h.
- Dimensions of 2296 x 960 x 1211 mm with 176 Kg weight.
- Front and rear disk brakes.
- 5 speed manual transmission.
- Other Features: Self start, digital meter, pass-light, low fuel indicator, low oil indiactor.
Price of Altius Scimitar is around Rs1,75,000/- (expected).